BAT is evolving at pace - truly like no other organisation.
To achieve the ambition, we have set for ourselves, we are looking for colleagues who are ready to live our ethos every day. Come be a part of this journey!
JOB TITLE: Cash and Treasury Manager
FUNCTION: GBS Finance Europe
SUB FUNCTION: R2R Europe
CITY & COUNTRY: Bucharest, Romania
What are the key objectives and expectations from this role?
This role covers responsibilities regarding DBS financial consolidation. The job holder provides support during the monthly closure & reporting forecast exercise and tracking and reviewing actuals versus forecast.
- Cash Flow Forecasting - SOP4/SOP10 CY & CY+1
Assumptions setting and forecasting exercise coordination: Liaise with End Market contacts to ensure that a full/complete forecast is prepared and made available in a timely manner. ; Gather info and expectations and steer the business towards the target, including assumption confirmation from FBPs.
Consolidation & review: Compile Latest Estimates to be reported and review with CFOM P&R Lead (G36); Post alignment with DBS HoF, role has the responsibility to review and make sure BPC is reporting the agreed estimates.
Stakeholder management: Several different stakeholders are involved, such as : FBPs, Corporate Finance Team, Recharges team, GTO etc.
- HY/YE Cash Flow Management
Coordinates Kick-Off meeting end of May with all stakeholders in the markets.:GBS CFOM coordinates daily CF review, in the last two weeks of June/December
After the GBS CFOM P&R Manager (G35) has compiled the Cash Flow, the GBS CFOM P&R Lead (G36) will review the information and ask for additional information if needed > info needs to be accurate and in accordance with EM target before being discussed with the EM Corporate Finance Business Partner/HOF
- Actuals & Forecast CF Management
Actuals Management & Offline Latest Estimates review; Tracking of bi-weekly direct cash updates; offline consolidation;
Coordinate monthly update cycles of cashflow updates on IDT level
- Monthly Reporting:
Management of monthly changes and sensitivities on cashflow
- Other Treasury Activities
Review Hedge effectiveness report on a monthly basis, to ensure contracts are adequately assigned based on future flows.
Monitor for and implement, any Treasury driven, cash improvement initiatives (e.g. deposits, reduction in financing fees
Resolve outstanding actions related to Treasury policy non-compliance occurrences.
EXPERIENCE, SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in a global FMCG company or in a similar dynamic environment in automation developments
- Must be self-motivated, meet high professional standards and be able to focus on the levels of service offered to internal higher stakeholders
- Business Partnering skills - ability to develop good working relationship with key stakeholders (finance team, taxation, audit)
- A financial background with a professional accountancy qualification, relevant university degree is nice to have
- Practical experience in applying this finance knowledge in business projects & change process implementations as well as managing financial results
- Analytical skills and business acumen with the ability to bring expert advice and problem-solving skills to the Finance function
- Apply the relevant accounting process and practice
- Fluency in both written and spoken English
- Excellent Excel spreadsheet and general computer skills, including SAP and BPC
- Good analytical skills, with focus on problem solving
- Ability to work independently and result driven
- Good prioritisation and time management
We are BAT
At BAT, we are committed to our Purpose of creating A Better Tomorrow. This is what drives our people and our passion for innovation. See what is possible for you at BAT.
- Global Top Employer with 53,000 BAT people across more than 180 markets
- Brands sold in over 200 markets, made in 44 factories in 42 countries
- Newly established Tech Hubs building world-class capabilities for innovation in 4 strategic locations
- Diversity leader in the Financial Times and International Women’s Day Best Practice winner
- Seal Award winner – one of 50 most sustainable companies
Belonging, achieving, together
Collaboration, diversity and teamwork underpin everything we do here at BAT. We know that collaborating with colleagues from different backgrounds is what makes us stronger and best prepared to meet our business goals. Come bring your difference!