BAT is evolving at pace - truly like no other organisation.
To achieve the ambition, we have set for ourselves, we are looking for colleagues who are ready to live our ethos every day. Come be a part of this journey!
SENIORITY LEVEL: Non-Management
JOB TITLE: Commercial Finance Analyst
CITY & COUNTRY: Bucharest, Romania
ROLE POSITIONING AND OBJECTIVES
The Commercial Finance Analyst will provide support to UK&I Commercial Finance Team by managing financial modelling and reporting tasks on both Combustibles & Modern Oral business. He will be part of a team of professionals, working to maintain order and transparency for the company’s finances. Analyzing financial statements, reconciliations and reporting are a large part of the senior reporting analyst’s day-to-day work. The ideal candidate will be able to work comfortably with numbers and has attention to detail.
Reports to: Commercial Finance Assistant Manager
Geographic Scope: Global
What are the key objectives and expectations from this role?
- Prepares offline Gross Margin Model for Combustibles and Modern Oral
- Prepares financial analysis and reports for Modern Oral covering all distribution channels including online business, own retail, saleforce and Trade
- Analyse financial impact arising from discounting and promotions for different distribution channel
- Provides business with finance reporting information (Brand profitability / TCI analyses etc.) on a timely basis
- Support budget management, in particular for lines involving key accounts – total customer investment. Including both tracking of actuals and modelling/forecasting variable lines each month
- Supporting Financial data collection from various teams (Trade, Marketing, Supply Chain etc.);
- Manage & understand all cost allocations, cost accounting & queries (e.g. adjustments, accruals, provisioning) in during Month End procedures
- Involvement with competitors reporting, pricing trackers and other cyclical regional/area requests
- Work with wider team on cross-functional products regarding pricing strategy and reactions to market movements
- Support commercial finance team through Ad Hoc requests.
EXPERIENCE, SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE
- Degree in Finance, Accounting or Economics and proven experience as a Jr/Sr Finance Analyst or similar role, at least 1 year
- Excellent interpersonal skills with ability to work in a team and ability to adapt to a rapidly changing environment
- Familiarity with accounting software (Excel, SAP)
- Continuous improvement mindset
- Business partnership thinking
- Ability to work under tight deadlines
- Organized personality with attention to details
- Fluency in English
- BPC experience
- Power BI experience
We might not have an open role at this moment, but, because our work environment is very dynamic, we are encouraging you to apply for this position and, the moment we have a suitable position for your profile the Recruitment Team will contact you as soon as possible.
WE ARE BAT
At BAT we are committed to our Purpose of creating A Better Tomorrow. This is what drives our people and our passion for innovation. See what is possible for you at BAT.
- Global Top Employer with 53,000 BAT people across more than 180 markets
- Brands sold in over 200 markets, made in 44 factories in 42 countries
- Newly established Tech Hubs building world-class capabilities for innovation in 4 strategic locations
- Diversity leader in the Financial Times and International Women’s Day Best Practice winner
- Seal Award winner – one of 50 most sustainable companies
BELONGING, ACHIEVING, TOGETHER
Collaboration, diversity and teamwork underpin everything we do here at BAT. We know that collaborating with colleagues from different backgrounds is what makes us stronger and best prepared to meet our business goals. Come bring your difference!