BAT is evolving at pace - truly like no other organisation.
To achieve the ambition, we have set for ourselves, we are looking for colleagues who are ready to live our ethos every day. Come be a part of this journey!
JOB TITLE: Liquidity Management Analyst
SUB FUNCTION: Finance Treasury
CITY & COUNTRY: Bucharest, Romania
TYPE OF CONTRACT: Fixed-term
REPORTING TO: Liquidity Manager
What are the key objectives and expectations from this role?
This role is seen to be an excellent opportunity to join the BAT Treasury career track and it will feed into other treasury roles such as Dealing Room, Banking Operations, Treasury Accounting and Treasury Control.
The jobholder is expected to work in a high pressure environment that spans several time zones and cultures in order to deliver critical forecasting and liquidity management services so that other (such as the Dealing Team) can carry on with their activities.
The role involves making forecasting recommendations revolving very large amounts of money. Decisions based on these recommendations will have a very large impact to Group P&L and it will be very costly if decisions are not of the highest quality.
- Own the Centre cashflow forecasting activities include Centre MTCFF, Centre liquidity reports, Centre BATCASH accuracy reports
- Own and operate the BATCASH/ S4HANNA system
- To assist BU in preparing STCFF in form of analysing payments and receipts information where available and inputting them in BATCASH/ S4HANNA
- To assist BU in improving their full STCFF as well as potentially improving their MTCFF through collaboration and onboarding of further CFF activities
- To analyse liquidity information and provide liquidity management services such as raising FX spot deal requests and making borrowing and deposits recommendations to the dealing team.
- Support Treasury by operating the Deal Optimiser during FX hedging cycles.
- Monitor the BATCASH/ S4HANNA system for monthly forecasting worldwide in conjunction with Regional Treasuy Teams
- Manage regular BAT Cash system administration and maintenance tasks, such as master data, user accounts, consolidation cycles, system interfaces, system backups and Business Objects reporting area
- Ensure accurate and timely cash forecasts on End market level worldwide and support EM’s on any cash forecasting issues / queries.
- Consolidate and analyse Regional cash forecasts within agreed guidelines
- Monitor the submission in BATCASH/ S4HANNA at due dates and cascade submission checklist to all Regional Treasurers
- Measure forecasting performance
- To manage customer relationships with specific attention to the Dealing Room, Treasury Control and BATIF Accountants and evidenced by maintenance and reporting of KPIs.
- To agree, document and deliver service against formal Service Level Agreements (SLAs) with BAT where the day to day Operational relationship involves measurable performance.
- To perform ongoing review of the control environment within which liquidity management team operates to deliver liquidity management services to the BAT Group.
- To participate fully in any new Treasury/Corporate Finance driven initiatives (new products, complex transactions) to ensure that any procedural and/or systems changes are fully documented and tested and do not have a negative impact elsewhere within the processes.
EXPERIENCE, SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE
- Previous experience in Financial Analysis
- Excellent analytical skills and attention to detail
- Clear and effective communication
- Self-starter requiring minimum supervision
- Ability to meet deadlines and work well under pressure
- Good organizational skills
- Advanced knowledge of web based applications and business computer applications, i.e. Excel, Power Point
- English (spoken and written), business level as a minimum
WE ARE BAT
At BAT we are committed to our Purpose of creating A Better Tomorrow. This is what drives our people and our passion for innovation. See what is possible for you at BAT.
- Global Top Employer with 53,000 BAT people across more than 180 markets
- Brands sold in over 200 markets, made in 44 factories in 42 countries
- Newly established Tech Hubs building world-class capabilities for innovation in 4 strategic locations
- Diversity leader in the Financial Times and International Women’s Day Best Practice winner
- Seal Award winner – one of 50 most sustainable companies
BELONGING, ACHIEVING, TOGETHER
Collaboration, diversity and teamwork underpin everything we do here at BAT. We know that collaborating with colleagues from different backgrounds is what makes us stronger and best prepared to meet our business goals. Come bring your difference!