BAT is evolving at pace - truly like no other organization.
To achieve the ambition, we have set for ourselves, we are looking for colleagues who are ready to live our ethos every day. Come be a part of this journey!
The Senior Legal Manager has a key role within the Legal Department, reporting to the Head of Legal and interacting with the Senior Management Team. The main activity is related to coordinating legal department for supporting the core business: Commercial Policy, New products launches and development (licenses, trading model, advertising) , Commercial Excellence and occasionally, EU legislation etc.
- Coordinate internal legal counsels and external lawyers;
- Business partnering with all departments for legal support to ensure supportive approach and timely resolution of legal issues;
- Ensure compliance with internal policies (SoBC, RM, Anti-tax evasion, Anti-bribery&corruption)
- Ensure compliance with legal requirements in the area of Commercial Law, Competition, Advertising Law, Environment, Data Protection and focusing on specific legislation for products in portofolio
- Provide legal advisory and solutions as a business partner to senior management when implementing the commercial strategy and policy, including to review marketing materials, promotions, contracts to accelerate new products market share’s growth in RO
- Managing legal risk by providing execution and administration of contracts and other legal documentation required by all departments;
- Cooperation with employees/management to draft, negotiate and review of Company’ contracts.
- Maintain cooperation with relevant local authorities
- University degree in Law
- Min. 7 years working experience in legal & corporate consultanc
- Good knowledge of RO and EU legislation, robust knowledge of Commercial Law and Competition Law; Advertising, Consumer Protection, GDPR are strong plusses
- Multitasking / Ability to problem solve at the root cause level
- Action oriented, able to work under tight deadlines
- Ability to perform risk assessment and management
- Ability to think tactically and strategical; cross-functional thinking and the ability to translate business strategy into function
- Respectful of others and diversity, accepting/adapting to local culture
- Process improvement skills
- Fluent spoken and written Romanian and English
- Excellent communication skills at all level: legal for non-legal, clarity and pragmatism
- Professional confidence
- Sharing and living the company values
WE ARE BAT
At BAT we are committed to our Purpose of creating A Better Tomorrow. This is what drives our people and our passion for innovation. See what is possible for you at BAT.
- Global Top Employer with 53,000 BAT people across more than 180 markets
- Brands sold in over 200 markets, made in 44 factories in 42 countries
- Newly established Tech Hubs building world-class capabilities for innovation in 4 strategic locations
- Diversity leader in the Financial Times and International Women’s Day Best Practice winner
- Seal Award winner – one of 50 most sustainable companies
BELONGING, ACHIEVING, TOGETHER
Collaboration, diversity and teamwork underpin everything we do here at BAT. We know that collaborating with colleagues from different backgrounds is what makes us stronger and best prepared to meet our business goals. Come bring your difference!